Emotional Intelligence – Half-day workshop
8th March 2018 at 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Great leaders move us – they inspire, motivate, and energize us. How? Through emotional intelligence (EI). Since Daniel Goleman’s ground-breaking book on the topic in 1995, we’ve learned a lot about EI competencies, such as self-awareness and empathy, and about what people can do to develop them.
This workshop will introduce you to the ideas behind, and the value of, developing better EI. Effective in both the workplace and the home, EI can help us become happier and more productive.
Join us for a lively discussion around what it takes to lead with Emotional Intelligence. The workshop will be facilitated by Alina Addison and Heather Greatrex and consists of the following sections:
INTRODUCTION TO EI
- The Emotional Brain: recent neuroscience research
- Daniel Goleman’s 4 components model of EI and its EI leadership competencies
- The concept of ‘Mood Contagion’
THE EMOTIONAL CAPITAL REPORT MODEL (ECR) OF EI
- Introduction to RocheMartin’s ECR 360 model that measures EI leadership competencies
- How ECR builds on and compares to the Goleman model (the Leader’s Triple Focus – Inner, Other and Outer Focus)
- The 8 basic emotions and the concept of ‘Emotional Capital’
- Group results from the ECR Self psychometric test
- What the scores mean in ‘the real world’
- Clustering in small groups on the basis of the top 5 of the 10 competencies tested
- Group discussion, case studies and exercises exploring 2 of the competencies – Self-Control and Optimism
The fee for this event is £500+VAT.