Always considering our clients’ needs – especially where executive and strategic-level HR support is required – EA provides people-focused interim or project-based support, HR Advisory Services, on business issues including mergers, acquisitions and the impact of regulatory or organisational change.
John Renz has around thirty years’ experience in HR and has worked in the public, professional and financial services sectors. Most recently he was Group HR Director of specialist Lloyd’s underwriting business Novae Group Plc, and previously spent five years as HR Director at Mourant. Prior to that, he helped manage the merger that created CMS Cameron McKenna, and held senior positions with Standard Life, global accounting and business advisory firm Grant Thornton, and City law firm Linklaters.
Having worked across sectors and ownership models, John has a breadth of experience in helping organisations achieve their goals, either working directly with the CEO/head of the organisation or within the HR function. Recent assignments undertaken include:
- Advising an international business advisory firm on development and implementation of a new remuneration strategy across seven different international locations.
- Providing HR Director support to the Chairman, CEO and leadership team of a major occupational pension scheme service and investment company e.g. devising an HR structure for the company, a performance management approach and board-level remuneration policy, as well as a major organisational change programme.
- Working with the Chair of the remuneration committee of an AIM-listed company to deliver significant changes to executive compensation and how best to approach managing remuneration committees and advisors.
- Advising a large City-based charitable organisation on senior level performance issues.
- Designing and delivering focused performance management training.
- Analysis of executive development needs and Board-level performance, including 360 degree feedback.
John has also published three reports on Remuneration and Motivation, contributed to a book published by the FT on Operational Risk Management and is a regular speaker on a number of HR topics both in the UK and internationally. He is also Clerk to the Court of the Guild of Human Resource Professionals.